Now...on to the Weekly Chase :)
So....whoever says that running isn't a real sport, needs to try it on for size. Like all athletes, we train hard and sometimes have injuries and setbacks. (cue sad music)
Which brings me to my "detour." I've been having issues with my left hamstring for several weeks...maybe months. I've been
This Week's Goals:
- Daily Foam Rolling ~ this has become such a part of my routine and makes a huge difference in the way my body feels.
- Daily Stretching ~ specifically, my hamstring and hips.
- Strength Train Arms 3x ~ since I can't run/walk/bike/elliptical/etc...I'm going to work on my arms and...
- Daily Core Workout ~ I'm realizing how important this is to running
- Cook At Home ~ I'm not going for perfection here, but a majority percentage
It's a different kind of training week and I have to admit, not running sucks way more than I ever imagined it would, but I'm not going to let it completely derail me. I'm going to work on what I can and allow my hamstring an opportunity to heal so that I can kick it in SOON!
What are your goals for the week?
How do you deal with injuries and setbacks?