Monday, April 2, 2018

CrossFit Day 1

So...we went and did a thing.

 Blake and I joined CrossFit Cathal and started our Foundations Class tonight. I won't lie. I was super nervous about walking into the Box for the first time. It helped having Blake along and I'm so glad that he tries to push his momma to be better. He doesn't just encourage with words, but he walks beside me. That means so much!

Jeremy (Irvin), our coach, made me feel so comfortable and at ease. His instruction of the mechanics of each movement was phenomenal. I not only learned the how...but the why...and that made things click a little better for me. It all made sense--why the depth of a squat matters. Getting your tush low takes the impact OFF your knees and onto the larger joint, the pelvis or hips, that is equipped to take the load.

Our WOD tonight;
8 minute AMRAP
(8) Air Squats
(6) Sit Ups (using the AbMat)
(4) Burpees (I will learn to love these things!)
[Total of 71 Reps Completed]

I was a little disappointed that 4 rounds was all I was able to complete (minus one burpee), but then Blake said he got 7-1/2 rounds, and that made me feel better. LOL.My legs are jello and I'm pretty sure I will be super sore tomorrow, but YAY for completing Day!

New Goal: Embrace & Love Burpees!


No comments:

Post a Comment