Sunday, April 15, 2018

{Wicked Wine Run 5K ~ Lake of the Ozarks}






So, a few months ago, I talked Debi into doing the Village Creek 10K with me...in exchange, I would do the Wicked Wine Run 5K with her. I haven't really done much running since Village Creek, but I wasn't too worried, since I knew we'd be walking it.

The bus from Tan-Tar-A Resort dropped us off at the Seven Springs Winery...at this hill. This was the hill to climb to pick up our race packets. I am seriously questioning my sanity at this point.

{me, Debi, Tara}
We stopped for a quick "before race" pic. Aren't we cute in our wine run costumes?!
"Give me wine & tell me I'm pretty!"
I feel like that guy on the movie "Tooth Fairy." LOL.
Somehow, Debi convinced me to participate in the costume aspect of the race and wear a tutu!! I'm not sure how that happened...I'm going to blame it on the wine.

{Penny, Melissa, Tara, Debi, Me}
We met some super cool gals from Missouri, Penny & Melissa.
We shared a bus on the way to registration, shared a blanket on the grass, and then shared a couple of bottles of wine waiting on the race to start. They were so much fun!

{Me, Tara, Debi}
Finally after 2 hours of waiting in the cold (next time I will be prepared for any kind of weather!) we were in the start corral and ready to go!!

This was a no pressure race. No timing. Just walking (at a brisk pace)...had to make it back before the 1K Wine Tasting Walk. The finisher's hill was massive, but luckily there was wine waiting for us.

 Such a great weekend with amazing friends.

I made new friends. Tasted new wines. And just enjoyed making memories.
Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment