Monday, April 9, 2018

Nutrition...the Foundation of it All

Tonight at CrossFit it was all about Nutrition.

We all know this is my nemesis! I also know that if I want to reach the goals I've set, then I have to get this right and quit making excuses.

The bottom line: Eat Real Food...Not Too Much...Mostly Plants.

What is real food you ask? Food that was grown from the ground or had eyes.
Simple enough, huh?!

Randy (Vest), owner of CrossFit Cathal, taught tonight's class and did an amazing job explaining how glucose, insulin, and glucagon work in our bodies. I wish I'd had him as a teacher when I was in nursing school...I might've done better on the endocrine tests. LOL.

My nutrition goals:
*finish April without soda
*overhaul breakfast and make it healthy
*increase water intake

I'm starting with these. Of course, my end goal is to decrease my body fat and to eat on plan 6 out of 7 days, giving myself one cheat meal a week....but I'm going to have to work up to that a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment