Monday, January 4, 2016

{Hammer & Chisel Day1/60}



Wow! Day 1 of Hammer & Chisel.
My nutrition was mostly on point (minus a handful of chocolate chips...ugh) with very few modifications to my planned day.
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Blackberries, Oatmeal
Snack 1: Apple with Hazelnut Butter
Lunch: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (this was not on the plan, but I'm still struggling with a sinus infection and felt I needed the soup)
Snack 2: Did not happen! I got busy at work...I wasn't hungry..and I forgot!
Dinner: Salsa Chicken, Black Beans, & Steamed Veggies
Snack 3: Handful of Chocolate Chips (I'll explain that in a minute)

So....nutrition wasn't horrible today, but has room for improvement. I was feeling pretty good about the day overall....and then I pushed play!


I don't know what I was thinking?! I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I had some sort of illusion that it wouldn't be too bad. This was the toughest workout I've ever attempted. The very first exercise was a weighted pistol squat. I tried. I tried hard. But I just couldn't get up from my seated position without putting my foot down. I was so frustrated that the very first exercise was proving to be so difficult. On to the 2nd exercise...Leg Bridge Pullover. Again. This was hard! I wasn't able to hold myself in a bridge position (on one leg) and do the weights. I stopped the video and messaged my upline, who encouraged me that I can do this and to modify where I need to and keep going. I stopped and listened to our Surge call and then pushed play again.  I ended up using a chair for balance and not using any weight on the pistol squats but got through them. I went down for the Leg Bridge Pullover and my computer lost the connection! WTH!! I took this as a sign to try again...tomorrow. (this is where the chocolate chips came in) I had planned on Shakeology after my workout, but being the emotional eater that I am, I reached for the chocolate chips and ate a handful and went to bed. This revealed an area that I've got to master and I plan to do that in the next 60 days!

I was very discouraged and frustrated....but I had pushed play...and although I am discouraged by how poorly I performed and my lack of willpower; tomorrow, I will get up and try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment