Tuesday, January 19, 2016

{Hammer & Chisel ~ the day that didn't happen}

To say I didn't want to workout today would be a gross understatement. The sub-freezing temps have just completely zapped my motivation and I'm quite content to just sit on the couch, bundled beneath my cozy blanket, watching HGTV. Thankfully, I have a great running friend who encouraged me to at least get my rear to the gym.

It wasn't pretty. My legs felt like lead. I was cold. I really didn't want to go.
BUT...I went.
I knocked out a 30 minute walk/jog and got in 1.8 miles.
Was it my best effort? Heck no.
I had to remind myself, it won't always be pretty, but it will always be worth it.


Unfortunately, I was just done after those 30 minutes on the treadmill, so no Hammer & Chisel workout tonight. I won't lie...it's a struggle to train for a half-marathon and do an intense workout program like H&C, but I will keep pushing play and keep getting stronger every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment